Malick's HTN

 

As high school came to an end, I found myself unsure about what to do after, nevertheless, two choices were available to me.

 

First one was applying to Montmorency College and study there with most of my friends, second one was applying to Ahuntsic College and study there but by myself.

 

Since I wanted to be focused on my studies, I decided to go to Ahuntsic. It was also easier to get in since they were less strict on the past grades.

 

When I got accepted, it was in the environment & society programs of social science, after a couple of sessions, I felt like I wasn’t in the right program, so I switched for the international’s relationship programs instead.

 

After 3 great years of studies, I finally graduated from Ahuntsic College. Now, I can apply for a job that will lead me to a career in the international spheres.

 

After graduating I wanted to do a work that would be for me, both fun & instructive at the same time. I had two jobs in mind that I really wanted to do before starting my career.

My first choice was applying for a job as a flight attendant, & the second one was simply working in an airport.

 

It has always been my dream to work for a flight company. I am now officially a trainee, and I am doing my on-the-job training so that I can learn the ropes. After a certain amount of time working there, one day my boss asked me where I wanted to work next. I told him that my first choice was applying for a job as an ambassador & the second one was applying for a job in a consulate.

 

I eventually chose the first of the two options. The reason is that since the beginning of my studies, being an ambassador was by far my main goal/dreamwork.  Now, I am working in an ambassad, & by the time past, I will eventually be able to actually work as a real ambassador for Canada. Obviously, this job requires overtime and a really good knowledge of English. Luckily, everything I learned in my college English courses will come in handy while talking with Anglophones.

 

After a difficult day at work filled with drudgery and alienation, my boss asked for some advice.  I said, If I were you, I would first try to create an environment where employees feel more engaged, so they can have the impression that their work is meaningful & important. A good way to do it would be to try to talk with each employee individually & explain to them why you hired them in the first place, while trying to valorize their quality & efforts.

 

Then, I would recommend demonstrating empathy with your employees, try to see if the works really suit them, or if they feel alright, so they can sense that u really care for them. It’s also important to recognize that some of your employees can have bad days or bad weeks. Creating an encouraging behavior in the company is the best way to ensure a good environment for you & all of your workers.

Commentaires